Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My White Whale- Part 2

Time, something that is infinitely abundant yet, we seem to have so little of. Time, something that is there for all to possess yet something that we want to have all to ourselves.

How many 20 year olds, all of whom crave for time in the entirety of its above qualities ie both in abundance and in exclusivity, get exactly that ? ( @pjux im not talking to you)
I wanted to make maximum use of the time that I was finally awarded.

I found a lot of time for introspection. I realized that I was an extremely fidgety traveler. I cannot sit still for more than a few minutes. My neighbour on the bus must have wondered if I was epileptic. I also found out that I panic quite easily when I’m by myself and encounter a small hiccup. (A simple case of putting my wallet in the wrong compartment of my bag proved this.)

Astonishingly, I put to rest the phantoms I had about feeling lonely if I were alone. In fact I never even felt alone for a moment never mind being lonely. I also found in myself a never before seen patience and a sense of complete peace. I was content ambling along the rocky shore with a camera in my hand and nothing at all on my mind.

I also found this Café by the beach simply called Le Café. I decided I would exercise my expertise i.e being pseud, and paid it a visit. I ordered a coffee, opened out my faithful Reader’s Digest, an even more faithful diary and started writing this very post.

I suddenly found coffee to be quite amusing. It is equivalent to Marilyn Monroe looking for revenge. Some like it Hot, while some say it is best served cold. But a hot coffee going cold, that leaves an amazing taste in your mouth. Time too is not that different, some enjoy the heat in their faces as time sprints while some would like time to freeze and live in that moment forever. However pacing yourself in such a way that time has a gentle flow that you are totally taken in, that’s the best feeling I’ve ever had.



6 comments:

Unknown said...

LIKE ITTTTT!!!!!!! :) :) :)

Unknown said...

liked it jeep! but why so much introspection? i really used to like your clear cut description. though le cafe was good :P

soda said...

no meep...i dint want it to be a travelogue...i wanted to arbitly rant

Somebody Else said...

Pseuda. I'm a fidgety traveler too. I nearly had a panic attack on the train. For no explicable reason. Was so uncomfortable being alone. Never felt like it.
Nice kano. Go rub my face in dust.

Merin Mandanna said...

Haha rhymes and sarcasm, all in one. Awesome post(s)! A very enjoyable read, Sod. :)

...wtf I'm SO frikkin' jealous of you, you @#$%^&!!

Dark Covenant said...

Traveling alone is scary. Though it will be enjoyable if I ever do! Second post sounds very unlikely you. Self introspection? I guess everyone indulges in it once they are all by themselves.
Your visit to Le Cafe was surprising. Pseud did you say? ;)

Nice one! Want to travel :(